Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Trading coffee for wine...

So last week on the show I started my caffeine withdrawal. That's right, I'm only an intern and I'm already on a Just Say No to Coffee (JSNC) campaign. I am working with my demons, alongside the moral support and steadfast encouragement of Go Go, who has been equally caffeine-free as of late. Well... today on the show, my JSNC policy was interupted by the PLCB! What the hell does this mean?! Basically one substance was switched for another. Yes, the head of the Liquor Control Board of Pennsylvania stopped by. Of course he brought booze! Wine, to be exact. No more coffee at 8am. Wine! Bottle of red. Screw the bottle of white, Billy. Good old fashioned holiday wine. The general consesus was the bottle of "Abbey" was the champ. I'll have to find out it's exact name by tomorrow. It makes for a great impression on your significant other's parents. Especially if you just blurt out the pompous jargon on it, like aficionado AND chairman Jonathan Newman did this morning. I was taking note. Try something like this...

"Yeah, uhh...the NOSE on this bottle is pretty, pretty...it's good. It's strong. And it's a beautiful vintage...yeah...uh huh, very retro. Very groovy. Yes. The aromas are delicately balanced, with a distinct, sexy, FUN body...isn't it FUN?! Ahh! To die for, oh yes, delicious viscosity"

Just trust me. TRY it. You'll have the in-laws in your back POCKET! Who knew coffee was so boring?! Ahhhahaha, ah hah, ahh....uhhh. Actually I could go for one now. Strong. 3 creamers, hold sugar. Ok, forget what I said about the wine, I need a nap! See y'all tomorrow.